Understanding our teenagers: the Challenges they face and the Support they need
Theme: Talk about the importance of healthy living habits – scientific data on how sleep, diet and exercise affects your mood and performance
A Parent Information Session
Speaker: Dr Frances Cheng, Child Psychiatrist
Date: Thursday 21 September 2017
Venue: Main Hall, Island School
What you should know
- Around 20% of children and adolescents (worldwide) have mental health problems.
- Misunderstanding and stigma about mental health is a barrier to young people accessing support. This can seriously affect their ability to function socially and at school.
- Early recognition and intervention can make a huge difference in helping young people to move forward positively with their lives.
- It is well documented that having enough sleep, eating healthy and regular exercise can promote improved wellbeing and performance
- Dr Cheng, along with a number of other child psychiatrists provide free clinical assessment for underprivileged local children in HK, via Variety Childrens Charity. Otherwise the waiting list can be up to 2 years in some areas of HK
Please join us on Thursday 21 September 2017 6pm – 7.30pm.
To confirm attendance, please email email@example.com